This is number 3 in the “50 Things To Do When You Turn 50” list. You don’t have to be David Letterman or his writers to come up with a list of 10 great things about turning 50. Here is mine:
1. I can sit as close as I want to the TV and not get yelled at by my parents.
2. I don’t need to go out at 10:00pm to start having fun. I have fun all day long.
3. I know what is really important in life.
4. I cherish my friends and family.
5. I don’t have to worry about what I am going to be when I grow up.
6. I can stay in my PJs all day long if I want to (Ok, except when I am at work).
7. I can make Sunday an absolute day of rest and not feel guilty.
8. I can read whatever I want to whenever I want.
9. I can get senior discounts!
10. People have stopped asking me if I have any children…now they ask if I have grandchildren! (wait, that may not be a good thing). Although, it makes me laugh, so I will keep it on the top 10 list.
Enjoy 50! It truly is fabulous.